Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Up in the Hills

I've had these photos of Jacqui Getty's beautifully inspiring Hollywood home in one of my "must post" files since California Style magazine published a story on her fabulous house in the hills over a month ago. I had completely forgotten about it until I stopped over at one of my favorite daily reads because im addicted and read her lovely post and it totally reminded me "Hey, what did I do with those?"


Getty's home was built in a neighborhood of the Hollywood Hills which, back in the ’20s, was designed to look like a Mediterranean-style village complete with winding roads and lush greenery. An escape from the growing urban sprawl in the flats below, Whitley Heights immediately became desirable to movie stars looking for European charm and an alternative to the trim lawns and predictability of Hancock Park. Carole Lombard, Rudolph Valentino and Marlene Dietrich all lived up here, and it’s not a big stretch to say there’s still something of that earlier glamorous era in the air. Almost a century later the neighborhood remains an arty enclave and bohemian dazzle stills rules the day. Getty found her inspiration color from the delicate shades that can be found in the bunches of peonies and dahlias throughout her Spanish-style Hollywood home.










No comments:

Post a Comment